I am a sought-after presenter for workshops and conferences on meditation as a therapeutic aid for professionals, applying Buddhist practice in counselling, narrative therapy for community work, and more.
I am a dynamic and engaging speaker and workshop facilitator, and I have skills at collaboratively co-creating an environment of respect, safety, and transformation. Topics range from meditation as a support for service providers, mindfulness for substance use and mental health treatment, narrative therapy for frontline social service work, and burn-out prevention.
I have facilitated workshops for organizations that include:
- Air Canada
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Vancouver School Board
- Ernst & Young
- Correctional Services Canada
- BC Housing
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- St. George’s Private School
- ENSO Foundation for Contemplative Engagement
- Nelson Community Services
- Raincity Housing and Support Society
- Westcoast Family Centres
- Abbotsford Community Services
- Watari Counselling and Support Services Society
- McMan Youth Family and Community Services Association (Alberta)
- City University of Seattle, Masters Counselling program
I have presented at various conferences, including the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association’s annual conference, 7 Cities Housing First conference in Edmonton, Therapeutic Conversations narrative therapy conference, the Housing First Partners Conference in New Orleans, the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness conference in Montreal, and the Dalai Lama Centre’s Heart-Mind conference here in Vancouver. I am a national trainer in Housing First practices for the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness.
These are some comments from past participants of my trainings:
1. Brian facilitated Mindfulness: Stress Reduction at Work, for all of our sites in the region. We are an organization that is going through major change and turmoil. Many of the staff that attended the workshops were resistant and not interested in what Brian had to say. Every single workshop the participants had very high praise for Brian and the workshop.
Brian also facilitated a workshop for our mental health staff on Narrative Therapy: Re-storying People’s Lives. Again, all participants provided positive feedback and have requested a follow-up more in-depth session.
Key take away for staff is that they all have new tools that will assist them personally and professionally moving forward.
I would not hesitate to recommend Brian for any workshop facilitation. Brian is an experienced facilitator that can adapt and work well with any group.
2. Engaging, good sense of humor, knowledgeable, and walks the walk
3. The focus on compassion allowed for a personal breakthrough. I was able to better understand how compassion for myself and my flaws is essential if I am to be fully compassionate towards others and avoid compassion burnout.
4. Attending the meditation group weekly became an important part of my self-care routine. It brought more awareness and calm to the rest of my week.
If I can assist your workplace or team, please let me know.